Beaver County United Way Celebrates Leadership Level Donors
The Lincoln Park Performing Arts Center was the site for the annual Beaver County United Way Leadership Reception.
Almost 200 donors and sponsors shared an evening of great friendship, music and information. This event is a small “Thank you” for those who have either pledged or donated more than $500 to the current campaign. The 2017 2018 campaign has a goal of $775,000 and ends on May 31st.
The entire evening is underwritten by sponsorships, with any excess sponsorship gifts added to campaign funds that will be given to local partner agency charities.
A special thank you to the entire staff of the Lincoln Park Performing Arts Center, musician Eric DeFade and friends, and all of the sponsors listed below.
Beaver County AARP Tax Aid Sites
Do you need help filing your taxes? This service is free and open to low and moderate income taxpayers. Participants are asked to bring last year’s tax return, photo identification and Social Security card. Some complex tax returns might be beyond this service. Membership in AARP is not required. A Spanish-speaking counselor will be available Tuesdays and Fridays in Baden.
AARP Tax-Aide volunteers will prepare federal, state and local taxes at the following sites through April 15:
- Baden: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays, Circle of Friends, Linmore and Wayne Streets, By appointment only. 724-869- 4224
- Beaver: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Mondays and Fridays, Beaver Area Memorial Library, 100 College Avenue. By appointment only. 724-508- 3388
- Center Township: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, Center Township Volunteer Fire Hall No. 1, 3385 Brodhead Road. By appointment only. 724-508- 3401
- Chippewa Township: 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesdays, Pathway Church, 239 Braun Road, By appointment only. 724-506- 8186
- Hopewell Township: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesdays, New Life Presbyterian Church, 2795 Patterson Drive. Walk-ins welcome. 724-378- 4389